Pursuant to Republic Act No. 10754 otherwise known as the AN ACT EXPANDING THE BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (PWD), there are guidelines to follow when registering a PWD for a Person With Disability Identification Card.
According to the NCDA website the Local Government Unit of the City or Municipal Office shall implement the distribution of PWD ID card. Every municipality have their own PDAO center that will facilitate the release and recording of the said procedure.
But there are other facilities where we can obtain or download a PWD-Registration Form:
1. Office of the Mayor
2. Office of the Barangay Captain
3. NCDA or its regional counterpart
4. DSWD offices
5. Participating organizations with Memorandum of Agreements with the DOH
6. DOH Online Registration – http://pwd.doh.gov.ph/register.php
1. Two “1×1” recent ID pictures with the names, and signatures or thumb marks at the back of the picture.
2. One (1) Valid ID
3. Document to confirm the medical or disability condition (See Section IV, D for the required document).
There are 3 ways to obtain the PWD Registration Form:
1. go to your local PWD Registration Centers or PDAO Office
2. download it at http://pwd.doh.gov.ph/additional/files/pdf.pdf
3. register online at http://pwd.doh.gov.ph/register.php
Any of the 3 method will require the PWD to enter accurately and completely the required PWD registration data. Then print the accomplished form (if done online). Affix one (1) ID picture on the accomplished form, and staple the other ID picture with the PWD-Registration Form.
Attach the copy of the other required documents to confirm the medical or disability condition with the PWD-Registration Form. Then pass all documents to any nearest facilities stated above.
A while ago, a very nice person updated us on how to procure a UVVRP Exemption Certification or the MMDA Number Coding exemption for PWD.
She provided us a copy of the requirement on what to present the MMDA office when applying for a MMDA Number Coding exemption for PWD. Basically there is and official procedure on how to apply but this is intended in the general public and not specific for PWD.
Below is the official procedure on how to apply for a number coding exemption:
What is the procedure in applying for UVVRP (Number Coding) exemption?
- Submit a letter of request addressed to the Office of the Chairman – MMDA (MMDA Main Bldg. EDSA cor. Orense St. Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City).
- Submit a photocopy of the OR/CR of your vehicle.
- Upon approval, the applicant should pay an amount of P500 to the 6th floor (Treasury Department), for an exemption covering the period until December 30.
For PWD there are added document needed to procure first before going to the MMDA office in Guadalupe. In the image above stated that the following papers/documents are added to the basic requirements:
- Medical Abstract,
- Photocopy of your PWD ID.
- Certification form school if enrolled to a special school
If you have further inquiries or question regarding the policy please contact MMDA at the following details:
Address : MMDA Main Bldg. EDSA cor. Orense St. Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City
Tel# : 882-0868 / 882-4150 local 1035
Email : email@example.com